A friend of mine tagged me in a note on Facebook. She conducted an interview with her 7-year-old son and suggested I do the same.
I did – but my experiment evolved…
My sister was hanging out with us when I was conducting the interview with my son — and she wanted to give her answers. So I documented those. Then I thought it would be funny to read the two together. So I did – to my boyfriend over the phone. Well, then he wanted in on the action… Finally – I added my yellow italics.
So without further ado – here’s how they know me.
I present: Who’s Mommy? by Son, Sister Boyfriend
Son’s answers are in blue, sister’s in pink, boyfriend’s in green.
My comments (because I like to get the last word) are in red italics.
(PS: Enjoy the rainbow of Me…)
1. What is something mom always says to you?
Hold the phone up to your mouth.
I love you … and Stop Yelling!
Yes the irony is apparent and yes I love to hear myself talk loudest.
2. What makes mom happy?
Peace – and all of the above.
3. What makes mom sad?
I have no idea.
Too many things.
Proud yet mystified how son somehow doesn’t hear the complaining …
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
She goes, Boo!
She pees in her pants.
She points out that we’re surrounded by totally insane people.
5. What was your mom like as a child?
I don’t know.
Mini version of her current self – cute and smart.
A grown up.
6. How old is your mom?
Younger than she thinks.
7. How tall is your mom?
Shorter than me.
A head shorter than me.
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Her new favorite thing to do is play the Dance game on Wii.
Be in love.
9. What does your mom do when you’re not around?
Mostly if BF is here – do stuff with him.
Dance dance and Twitter.
Hangs with Jake.
When does that happen?
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Best Guitar Hero Player.
Writer. A Paperback writer.
11. What is your mom really good at?
Creating goody bags.
Writing, being a mom, communicating, being a cheerleader and loving me.
Clearly my son had Wii on the brain…or was that me?
12. What is your mom not very good at?
Knowing what she’s good at.
13. What does your mom do for her job?
Get tickets to shows.
Go to meetings.
Suck it up.
14. What is your mom’s favorite food?
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
When she thinks she’s as good as she really is…
She’s a good mom.
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
I took 3 online quizzes and got Chilly Willy, Bugs Bunny and Tweet Bird.
17. What do you and your mom do together?
Go out in the park.
See the world.
18. How are you and your mom the same?
We both look alike.
Cut from the same fabric.
Creative spirits and old souls.
19. How are you and your mom different?
She’s a girl, I’m a boy.
She’s Type A and I’m Type Z.
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
I just do; she wished for me, so she has to.
From one look in her eyes.
21. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go?
All of the above.