So it’s my birthday and we spent the day packing for our two-week road trip through New Hampshire and Maine. It will be mommy, daddy, 8-year-old boy and 2-month-old baby girl. On the road. Together. 2 weeks. I feel brave, excited, nervous and slightly crazy all in one.
Here’s the plan – and what will happen is yet to be determined:
- Rent car in Jersey City since it was half the price of Manhattan
- Drive back to Manhattan to load up car (See above picture for what has to be loaded into a “standard” sized car
- Drive to Ashby, Massachusetts to visit a college friend and her family
- Settle in Portsmouth, NH for the night
- Spend 2 days in New Hampshire seaside (Hampton Beach area)
- Spend 2 days in White Mountains region of New Hampshire
- Drive to Portland, Maine for the day
- Drive through Waldoboro, Maine for the best pie at Moody’s
- Drive to Bar Harbor, where we’ll spend a week in Acadia National Park and local region
- Drive back to NYC, stopping in Boston to visits cousins on the way home
Fingers crossed. Many, many bags (and diapers and food and Legos) packed.
And we’re off …